Other salient features include :
1. Both Ubuntu and Android run at the same time on the device, without emulation or virtualization.
2. When the device is connected to a desktop monitor, it features a standard Ubuntu Desktop interface.
3. When the device is connected to a TV, the interface featured is the Ubuntu TV experience.
4. Ability to run standard Ubuntu Desktop applications, like Firefox, Thunderbird, VLC, etc.
5. Ability to run Android applications on the Ubuntu Desktop.
6. Make and receive calls and SMSs directly from the Desktop
In order to use Ubuntu for Android, the device should have :
1. Dual-core 1 GHz CPU
2. Video acceleration: shared kernel driver with associated X driver; OpenGL, ES/EGL
3. Storage: 2 GB for OS disk image
4. HDMI: video-out with secondary framebuffer device
5. USB host mode
6. 512 MB RAM
Here is an image showing Ubuntu running on an Android device, docked to a desktop monitor.
For more info you can visit the official page.